We had a very comprehensive review of the opening event at the Corn Exchange from one of Culture Vultures beetleing bloggers, which was great considering the amount of events going on that evening. As far as I am aware there were openings at 42 New Brigate with Slice, one down in Holbeck curated by Simeon Barclay (here at Patrick Studios) and certainly a largish event going on up at Shine with a show from Jo Dunn. This is all great stuff for Leeds with so much going on and a real choice for audiences to what they want to attend, my only reservation with all this activity is that we (the visual arts scene) lack a solid presence within the wider world of comprehensive listings services, LVAF is great but we really need something better for us all! Anyone one want to play?
So check out our review at Culture Vultures
Want more from us?
- We have studio spaces available at Barkston House, the only dedicated ceramics facility in Leeds! More info here:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 16 hours ago
- Make sure you visit the @OldRedBus for local photographer Calum Carson's beautiful exhibition 'Yorkshire & Beyond'… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 19 hours ago
- Enter @BridgemanImages Bridgeman Studio Award competition to win a £1,000 book cover commission. Deadline (31 Aug)… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 23 hours ago
- @SlingerSharon @lee_wilkinson2 @Nomad_clan @LeedsBID @Bruntwood_UK Amazing site , all comes down to highways and safety 1 day ago
- Our #ACityLessGrey project in partnership with @LeedsBID is gathering momentum! See more: eaststreetarts.org.uk/clg… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
Over Yonder on Flickr