We had a very comprehensive review of the opening event at the Corn Exchange from one of Culture Vultures beetleing bloggers, which was great considering the amount of events going on that evening. As far as I am aware there were openings at 42 New Brigate with Slice, one down in Holbeck curated by Simeon Barclay (here at Patrick Studios) and certainly a largish event going on up at Shine with a show from Jo Dunn. This is all great stuff for Leeds with so much going on and a real choice for audiences to what they want to attend, my only reservation with all this activity is that we (the visual arts scene) lack a solid presence within the wider world of comprehensive listings services, LVAF is great but we really need something better for us all! Anyone one want to play?
So check out our review at Culture Vultures
Want more from us?
- Let's help build a trade union for artists for the future - this weds with @ArtistsUnionE. facebook.com/events/1346217… https://t.co/UXn4QbpYl9 1 day ago
- We loved @comefindusleeds last week, so many new faces. It was made particularly special by Urban Angels performanc… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Find out what @ArtistsUnionE's latest campaigns are at their Leeds meet up & social on Oct 18th:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Our temporary spaces team have just got hold of another lovely shop space in Leeds, now available for 3 months!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Check out @doremiresidency's insta for updates on how the artists residency is going in Cumbria. Open weekend start… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
Over Yonder on Flickr