We had a very comprehensive review of the opening event at the Corn Exchange from one of Culture Vultures beetleing bloggers, which was great considering the amount of events going on that evening. As far as I am aware there were openings at 42 New Brigate with Slice, one down in Holbeck curated by Simeon Barclay (here at Patrick Studios) and certainly a largish event going on up at Shine with a show from Jo Dunn. This is all great stuff for Leeds with so much going on and a real choice for audiences to what they want to attend, my only reservation with all this activity is that we (the visual arts scene) lack a solid presence within the wider world of comprehensive listings services, LVAF is great but we really need something better for us all! Anyone one want to play?
So check out our review at Culture Vultures
Want more from us?
- @invisibleflock are at it again! They're in the north east for the @getnorth2018 until Sunday with 105+dB, a playfu… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
- Poor Image Projects is the latest initiative to move into 34 Boar Lane. It's a new artist-led project which aims to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @KerryHarker: Two great projects opening tonight in #Leeds, both led by PhDs in @FAHACS: @p_i_projects at 34 Boar Lane, and @RBATEOU at… 2 days ago
- Fancy being a pod artists in residency at 34 Boar Lane? Nip across to our blog to find the details now:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Next tuesday, our partners, @thebrickbox, over in Bradford are hosting a public meeting at 21 Ivesgate from 6-8pm.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
Over Yonder on Flickr