Alex Dunn is an emerging artist who works and lives in Leeds and is currently an undergraduate at Leeds College of Art. Her interest is in searching for similarity in diversity, in relation to the human condition, and how to project this concept. In particular she is interested in iconography and how the human face can be perceived on so many different levels from spiritual transcendence to everyday indifference. Alex Dunn’s practice is to use photography and paint to show the diversity and individuality of human life in an era of increasing similarity and conformity.
Want more from us?
- ‘PAY&DISPLAY’ opens tomorrow! A pop-up exhibition of art and sculpture by artists from @ARTbound_… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 15 hours ago
- East Street Arts and @leedsgallery are looking for artists to submit work on the theme of editions for a group show… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 19 hours ago
- @blimeydarlo are looking for postcard sized artworks to celebrate their 10th anniversary! Why not get involved?… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 22 hours ago
- An exceptional approach to one of leeds hidden gems back into use . Cracking job @hamandfriends 1 day ago
- Well done again to @nic_greenan Winner @SRWheatfields Yorkshire Women of Achievement in Arts 2017! See her speech:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
Over Yonder on Flickr