Graeme Murrell is an artist based in Huddersfield. His interest is mostly connected to experimental multimedia works involving text, sound and performance.
Since the 1990s both he has been involved with several publication projects such as Frontal Lobe, a small press magazine of poetry, scurrilous writing and other rants and Electric Dogs, an unpublished novel. He has also been the member of avant-jazz band Trump and later the freeform music group the F*ks and the duo The Importance Of… He is the editor of the website Monocular Times which curates Situationist and other writing, and hosts the site of pressure group Huddersfield Gem who are dedicated to the preservation of Huddersfield’s Queensgate Market. He is the member of the Sedentary Committee for the Consideration of Gradual Change and continue to curate the Institute for the Preservation of Bad Art, which is dedicated to saving poorly executed artworks from landfill.
Want more from us?
- Come celebrate with artist house 45 residents Sophie Chapman and Kerri Jeffris at Rowland Road Wmc on August 28th!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 15 hours ago
- Back in July we celebrated the launch of the latest #ACityLessGrey piece 'Latent Power' by @RebeccaAppleby7 Disco… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Interested in building, public space or architecture? Ever wanted to build your own sculptures? Check out this free… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- Make music at Rowland Road WMC, Beeston with @YSWN_ and #ArtistHouse45 residents Sophie and Kerri. Check the websit… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Ever wanted to try your hand at animation? Sign up to these fantastic free workshops with #ArtistHouse45 artists So… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
Over Yonder on Flickr