Graeme Murrell is an artist based in Huddersfield. His interest is mostly connected to experimental multimedia works involving text, sound and performance.
Since the 1990s both he has been involved with several publication projects such as Frontal Lobe, a small press magazine of poetry, scurrilous writing and other rants and Electric Dogs, an unpublished novel. He has also been the member of avant-jazz band Trump and later the freeform music group the F*ks and the duo The Importance Of… He is the editor of the website Monocular Times which curates Situationist and other writing, and hosts the site of pressure group Huddersfield Gem who are dedicated to the preservation of Huddersfield’s Queensgate Market. He is the member of the Sedentary Committee for the Consideration of Gradual Change and continue to curate the Institute for the Preservation of Bad Art, which is dedicated to saving poorly executed artworks from landfill.
Want more from us?
- @leedsprintcoop have another exciting exhibition for you! ‘Offset’ from printmaker, Mary Gibbons, investigates colo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Last few places left on our textiles and sculptural forms short course! Bring your ideas to life, from sketch to sc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- We are very excited to announce the 20 artist spaces and organisations from across England who have been selected t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Want to try your hand at lithography? Check out the course Stone Tree Press are offering! ow.ly/Z1FL50pw23q https://t.co/QR1QXsqIaA 1 week ago
- Pineapple Black is a new contemporary art gallery that has taken over one of our temporary spaces in Middlesborough… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
Over Yonder on Flickr