Graeme Murrell is an artist based in Huddersfield. His interest is mostly connected to experimental multimedia works involving text, sound and performance.
Since the 1990s both he has been involved with several publication projects such as Frontal Lobe, a small press magazine of poetry, scurrilous writing and other rants and Electric Dogs, an unpublished novel. He has also been the member of avant-jazz band Trump and later the freeform music group the F*ks and the duo The Importance Of… He is the editor of the website Monocular Times which curates Situationist and other writing, and hosts the site of pressure group Huddersfield Gem who are dedicated to the preservation of Huddersfield’s Queensgate Market. He is the member of the Sedentary Committee for the Consideration of Gradual Change and continue to curate the Institute for the Preservation of Bad Art, which is dedicated to saving poorly executed artworks from landfill.
Want more from us?
- RT @CompassFestLDS: We’re happy to announce that after a public call out we've assembled a group of 3 great up-and-coming producers to take… 2 weeks ago
- Great! Now that’s what we call artists taking the lead :) theguardian.com/world/2020/jul… 2 weeks ago
- Well we went looking for an A3 #photocopier and didn’t find one, but did find self refill tonar from Tonar Top Up :… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- OPEN CALL: CHASM is a programme of Live artworks searching for intimacy in a time of social isolation w/ @CLAYLeeds… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @Assembly_Leeds: Weds 15 July, 18:30- let Rosie Vohra guide you through playful techniques to 'become a microscope'. Grab pens, pencils… 3 weeks ago
Over Yonder on Flickr