Graeme Murrell is an artist based in Huddersfield. His interest is mostly connected to experimental multimedia works involving text, sound and performance.
Since the 1990s both he has been involved with several publication projects such as Frontal Lobe, a small press magazine of poetry, scurrilous writing and other rants and Electric Dogs, an unpublished novel. He has also been the member of avant-jazz band Trump and later the freeform music group the F*ks and the duo The Importance Of… He is the editor of the website Monocular Times which curates Situationist and other writing, and hosts the site of pressure group Huddersfield Gem who are dedicated to the preservation of Huddersfield’s Queensgate Market. He is the member of the Sedentary Committee for the Consideration of Gradual Change and continue to curate the Institute for the Preservation of Bad Art, which is dedicated to saving poorly executed artworks from landfill.
Want more from us?
- Want to get your hands dirty? Ceramic artist Katie Emeny is hosting a series of cermaics workshops over at… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 21 hours ago
- @artistsmakers @TheArtsSociety_ Thanks , It’s been an incredible exploration of working with a ceramics artist like… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- @RebeccaAppleby7 Can’t wait to see the next stage 👌🏼 1 day ago
- RT @bbcquestiontime: “Whatever your politics, you can agree that punishing disabled and sick people for falling on hard times is absolutely… 2 days ago
- Sparked by #WeAreGuild induction discussions, @ORTgallery's Josie debates what healthy work-life balance looks like… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
Over Yonder on Flickr