Graeme Murrell is an artist based in Huddersfield. His interest is mostly connected to experimental multimedia works involving text, sound and performance.
Since the 1990s both he has been involved with several publication projects such as Frontal Lobe, a small press magazine of poetry, scurrilous writing and other rants and Electric Dogs, an unpublished novel. He has also been the member of avant-jazz band Trump and later the freeform music group the F*ks and the duo The Importance Of… He is the editor of the website Monocular Times which curates Situationist and other writing, and hosts the site of pressure group Huddersfield Gem who are dedicated to the preservation of Huddersfield’s Queensgate Market. He is the member of the Sedentary Committee for the Consideration of Gradual Change and continue to curate the Institute for the Preservation of Bad Art, which is dedicated to saving poorly executed artworks from landfill.
Want more from us?
- Opportunity! You Can Be My Wingman is a week-long hosted retreat for performance makers of all kinds by… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- Get involved with Silvia Liebig's Being Beeston Projekt by letting her know something you love/hate about the area,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- Exciting opportunity for Yorkshire artists! Check out this chance to be @TheArtsCatalyst's Instagram artist in resi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- @CompassFestLDS currently have two opportunities available: a national call out for submissions from artists, and e… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Ever wondered who’s doing what in artist studios ? Well this Friday morning we’ve just welcomed a delivery of studi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
Over Yonder on Flickr