Graeme Murrell is an artist based in Huddersfield. His interest is mostly connected to experimental multimedia works involving text, sound and performance.
Since the 1990s both he has been involved with several publication projects such as Frontal Lobe, a small press magazine of poetry, scurrilous writing and other rants and Electric Dogs, an unpublished novel. He has also been the member of avant-jazz band Trump and later the freeform music group the F*ks and the duo The Importance Of… He is the editor of the website Monocular Times which curates Situationist and other writing, and hosts the site of pressure group Huddersfield Gem who are dedicated to the preservation of Huddersfield’s Queensgate Market. He is the member of the Sedentary Committee for the Consideration of Gradual Change and continue to curate the Institute for the Preservation of Bad Art, which is dedicated to saving poorly executed artworks from landfill.
Want more from us?
- @Muralmel is an amazing artists who will be creating work in @Leeds_City_Ctr for #ACityLessGrey - Our project with… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 hour ago
- RT @LeedsFamilyTree: Trees available now at @Colours_mayvary // @HPBCLeeds // @EastStreetArts // @Dukestudioleeds Let us know when you've g… 1 hour ago
- Join @superp0s1t10n 6:30pm tonight to explore the future of water and flooding with artists, scientists & makers -… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 6 hours ago
- On Thu 30 March @invisibleflock & @helloQS will launch their first public artwork as part of their new project DUET… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 20 hours ago
- Quirky, colourful and kitsch. Check out @bporterceramics 's wonderful ceramic exhibition at @2021VisualArts… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
Over Yonder on Flickr