Graeme Murrell is an artist based in Huddersfield. His interest is mostly connected to experimental multimedia works involving text, sound and performance.
Since the 1990s both he has been involved with several publication projects such as Frontal Lobe, a small press magazine of poetry, scurrilous writing and other rants and Electric Dogs, an unpublished novel. He has also been the member of avant-jazz band Trump and later the freeform music group the F*ks and the duo The Importance Of… He is the editor of the website Monocular Times which curates Situationist and other writing, and hosts the site of pressure group Huddersfield Gem who are dedicated to the preservation of Huddersfield’s Queensgate Market. He is the member of the Sedentary Committee for the Consideration of Gradual Change and continue to curate the Institute for the Preservation of Bad Art, which is dedicated to saving poorly executed artworks from landfill.
Want more from us?
- Kirsty at Smarty Pants Art has been doing some awesome stuff in our temporary space over in Garforth. Here's few li… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Want to “feel good” this January? We have just the thing for you at, you guessed it, @fgfleeds - Mindful Textiles s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @LeedsSchoolAAD: A reminder about tonight's amazing student exhibition @EastStreetArts @34boarlane @LBU_BA_graphics #leeds https://t.co/… 2 days ago
- RT @JuliesBicycle: We're absolutely delighted to be nominated for @TheStage Sustainability Award with @ace_national for our Accelerator Pro… 2 days ago
- Not checked out our creative courses for adults yet? They’re starting in January and one of them is happening at… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
Over Yonder on Flickr