Graeme Murrell is an artist based in Huddersfield. His interest is mostly connected to experimental multimedia works involving text, sound and performance.
Since the 1990s both he has been involved with several publication projects such as Frontal Lobe, a small press magazine of poetry, scurrilous writing and other rants and Electric Dogs, an unpublished novel. He has also been the member of avant-jazz band Trump and later the freeform music group the F*ks and the duo The Importance Of… He is the editor of the website Monocular Times which curates Situationist and other writing, and hosts the site of pressure group Huddersfield Gem who are dedicated to the preservation of Huddersfield’s Queensgate Market. He is the member of the Sedentary Committee for the Consideration of Gradual Change and continue to curate the Institute for the Preservation of Bad Art, which is dedicated to saving poorly executed artworks from landfill.
Want more from us?
- Still not applied for a job in our space for artists team? What are you waiting for? eaststreetarts.org.uk/jobs/ https://t.co/0MV4VZeA7C 1 day ago
- We're absolutely delighted that Rebecca Appleby has been appointed to create the Kirkstall public art commission as… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Try your hand at life drawing with a six week course from @TessaHoughton. Head over to our website to book your pla… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Have you seen our new adult learning course guide? It's available now and includes courses from September to Decemb… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Are you a writer? Looking for your next exciting project? Find out all you need to know about our guest residency o… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
Over Yonder on Flickr