Graeme Murrell is an artist based in Huddersfield. His interest is mostly connected to experimental multimedia works involving text, sound and performance.
Since the 1990s both he has been involved with several publication projects such as Frontal Lobe, a small press magazine of poetry, scurrilous writing and other rants and Electric Dogs, an unpublished novel. He has also been the member of avant-jazz band Trump and later the freeform music group the F*ks and the duo The Importance Of… He is the editor of the website Monocular Times which curates Situationist and other writing, and hosts the site of pressure group Huddersfield Gem who are dedicated to the preservation of Huddersfield’s Queensgate Market. He is the member of the Sedentary Committee for the Consideration of Gradual Change and continue to curate the Institute for the Preservation of Bad Art, which is dedicated to saving poorly executed artworks from landfill.
Want more from us?
- We’re leading on a #neighbourhoodplan for the area which will be the first led by art & culture in the UK. We’re cu… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- We’re delighted to introduce Portuguese street artist and ceramicist Diogo Machado @addfuel who presented his ideas… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- We’ve invited local residents and community stakeholders to Patrick Studios to discuss and share all the exciting p… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- We currently have a couple of opportunities out for a general manager post & an artist opportunity but alas our web… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- We're having some technical difficulties with our website. If you'd like to receive the job pack for our General Ma… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
Over Yonder on Flickr