Projects: Urban Icons / Contents May Vary
Union 105 is a new art space for Chapeltown providing support to people who want to develop arts practices, particularly but not exclusively in the contemporary arts. We want to encourage the development of new practices and help people sustain and take forward existing practice, including helping people take their first steps. ESA will support this through the provision of new affordable studio facilities, one-to-one support and professional development assistance alongside providing a framework for exchange, dialogue and collaboration. Union 105 will also provide an accessible project space that will be a focus for activity and provide opportunities to show work and engage with audiences on a local, national and international level. We are particularly keen on building connections and engagement between artists, art and the local community and hope to develop a substantial public art dimension to the project.
Want more from us?
- RT @CompassFestLDS: We’re happy to announce that after a public call out we've assembled a group of 3 great up-and-coming producers to take… 2 weeks ago
- Great! Now that’s what we call artists taking the lead :) theguardian.com/world/2020/jul… 2 weeks ago
- Well we went looking for an A3 #photocopier and didn’t find one, but did find self refill tonar from Tonar Top Up :… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- OPEN CALL: CHASM is a programme of Live artworks searching for intimacy in a time of social isolation w/ @CLAYLeeds… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @Assembly_Leeds: Weds 15 July, 18:30- let Rosie Vohra guide you through playful techniques to 'become a microscope'. Grab pens, pencils… 3 weeks ago
Over Yonder on Flickr