Projects: Urban Icons / Contents May Vary
Union 105 is a new art space for Chapeltown providing support to people who want to develop arts practices, particularly but not exclusively in the contemporary arts. We want to encourage the development of new practices and help people sustain and take forward existing practice, including helping people take their first steps. ESA will support this through the provision of new affordable studio facilities, one-to-one support and professional development assistance alongside providing a framework for exchange, dialogue and collaboration. Union 105 will also provide an accessible project space that will be a focus for activity and provide opportunities to show work and engage with audiences on a local, national and international level. We are particularly keen on building connections and engagement between artists, art and the local community and hope to develop a substantial public art dimension to the project.
Want more from us?
- @invisibleflock are at it again! They're in the north east for the @getnorth2018 until Sunday with 105+dB, a playfu… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 15 hours ago
- Poor Image Projects is the latest initiative to move into 34 Boar Lane. It's a new artist-led project which aims to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @KerryHarker: Two great projects opening tonight in #Leeds, both led by PhDs in @FAHACS: @p_i_projects at 34 Boar Lane, and @RBATEOU at… 2 days ago
- Fancy being a pod artists in residency at 34 Boar Lane? Nip across to our blog to find the details now:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Next tuesday, our partners, @thebrickbox, over in Bradford are hosting a public meeting at 21 Ivesgate from 6-8pm.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
Over Yonder on Flickr