Projects: Urban Icons / Contents May Vary
Union 105 is a new art space for Chapeltown providing support to people who want to develop arts practices, particularly but not exclusively in the contemporary arts. We want to encourage the development of new practices and help people sustain and take forward existing practice, including helping people take their first steps. ESA will support this through the provision of new affordable studio facilities, one-to-one support and professional development assistance alongside providing a framework for exchange, dialogue and collaboration. Union 105 will also provide an accessible project space that will be a focus for activity and provide opportunities to show work and engage with audiences on a local, national and international level. We are particularly keen on building connections and engagement between artists, art and the local community and hope to develop a substantial public art dimension to the project.
Want more from us?
- Want to get your hands dirty? Ceramic artist Katie Emeny is hosting a series of cermaics workshops over at… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 21 hours ago
- @artistsmakers @TheArtsSociety_ Thanks , It’s been an incredible exploration of working with a ceramics artist like… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- @RebeccaAppleby7 Can’t wait to see the next stage 👌🏼 1 day ago
- RT @bbcquestiontime: “Whatever your politics, you can agree that punishing disabled and sick people for falling on hard times is absolutely… 2 days ago
- Sparked by #WeAreGuild induction discussions, @ORTgallery's Josie debates what healthy work-life balance looks like… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
Over Yonder on Flickr